I fell behind again. Again.
The past few weeks has seen me fall behind on a LOT of things. Seems like everything, although I know that it’s not necessarily true. With this posting, I’ll be one week behind (as of Sunday), but it’s better than being three. So there’s that.
One of the things I’ve been confronted by is my sheer lack of focus. The past month in particular has been tough. I’d have all these goals and ideas and what-have-you only to be distracted by–what was that shiny thing? Oh my god!
Kinda like that Doctor Who episode “SIlence in the Library” when Donna’s transported out of the library, and finds herself in a life that passes by instantaneously. She’s talking to Dr. Moon: “You said ‘River’ and now we’re feeding ducks.” Her saying she will bring her children to the park brings her to the park without any of the actual journey.
That’s what my life feels like right now. Only more tedious. Like I’ve lost the time, don’t know where it’s at, but have nothing to show for it. I just find myself having done this or that and managing to skip over what I was supposed to be doing for that better life thing.
And here I am. Starting over. But not really starting over. I’m still 47 things lighter, even if it took me 2 weeks to do it.
It’s a little bit better than a start, at any rate.
- 1. Bubba cup (cracked–I loooved that cup)
- 2. Fancy schmancy Christmas ornament
- 3. Mason jar without lid
- 4. NyQuil Cold and Flu: Exp date 2013
- 5. Salon pas (didn’t work for me…held onto because…maybe they would work magically one day? I have no idea)
- 6. Famotidine Exp 2014
- 7., 8. White disks something-or-others (maybe floor protectors?) x 2
- 9-14 Coffee cups X 6
- 15. Clear lax for the dog — exp date 2014
- 16. Bottle of pills so old and faded I have no idea what it even is
- 17. Christmas candle
- 18. Ibuprofen — Can’t use it now with my every day Nsaid–finding it a new home
- 19. Plastic cup
- 20. Styrofoam cup
- 21. Hair clip (not necessary since I chopped my hair off)
- 22. Rusty spoon
- 23. Pink stuffing paper (??)
- 24.-27.. Four un-mated lids from the garage
- 28. Sock–lonely and hanging out in the garage
- 29. Bag of “silverbells gem mix” (??)
- 30., 31. Empty DVD case x 2
- 32. Movie: Face Off
- 33. Movie: Analyze That
- 34–37, Four plates
- 38., 39. Christmas stockings x 2
- 40. Hurricane instructions from 2006
- 41. Book: Non-Profits for Dummies
- 42. Movie: Bad Boys II
- 43. Movie: Hide and Seek
- 44. “Sherry” shaped glass
- 45. Book: Walt Whitman “Laws of Creators” — ruined in the rain
- 46. Notebook with writing–Also ruined in the rain
- 47. Decorative metal pot-type thing